Welcome! How can we help?
- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hospitality Standards
- Business Travel
- Trust & Safety
Why am I not receiving as many inquiries as before?
Activity on Airbnb is closely tied with global travel trends, in the same way that airlines and amusement parks are impacted by seasonality. Throughout the world, people like to travel to certain locations during certain times of the year. Holidays can also impact these trends.
If you see a decrease in inquiries during a particular month, it’s most likely due to these broad trends. Here are some ways you can ensure that your listing stands out, even during the slow season:
- Adjust your price—Set seasonal pricing so that you can stay competitive during the off-season.
- Broaden your availability—Permit more trip durations, make more dates available on your calendar, or enable Instant Book to attract last-minute reservations.
- Showcase your space—Request free professional photography for your listing, make sure you accurately describe all the amenities you offer, and complete the steps to verify your ID.
- Communicate—Respond quickly to booking inquiries and reservation requests to show guests that you’ll be an attentive, welcoming host.
- Trade tips with other hosts—Find a meetup in your area so that you can ask other hosts about how they stand out during slow months.
Read more about how to optimize your listing for the offseason.