How do taxes work for photographers and other service providers?

If you are a photographer, translator, or other service provider paid through your Airbnb account, please be sure to complete your taxpayer information so that we can process your payouts. 
US Persons may fill out a W-9 form. In January, if you’ve submitted a W-9 and earned $600 or more during the previous year, we’ll provide you with a 1099-MISC form showing  your earnings under “Box 7 - Nonemployee compensation.” Please note that corporate service providers will not receive a tax form.
Non-US persons may submit a W-8 form to certify that their earnings are not subject to US tax.
If you are unsure of what form to submit, we encourage you to consult a tax professional who can clarify your tax status.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Got it, thanks! We'll use your feedback to improve our help articles.