Coordinating check-in with your Host
It’s nearly time to travel, so you’ll want to take care of those final details. Follow these tips to prepare for a smooth check-in.
Before you arrive
Find your reservation details
Go to your Trips page to find important information, such as the address, your Host’s contact information, and your billing receipt. Check-in information is usually available 3 days before the reservation begins.
Communicate with your Host
Before your arrival date, message your Host to confirm:
- Check-in and checkout times
- Arrival details
- Key exchange or an alternative method of access
- Contact information and whether either one of you will be without phone or internet access during the trip
- Any other questions you might have
If check-in or checkout times aren’t specified in the listing description, then the default check-in time is 3:00 PM and checkout is 11:00 AM (local time), unless otherwise noted by the Host.
In-person key exchanges
Some Hosts may want to greet you in person to give you the keys or the entry code to their place. If so, look up travel advisories so you can allow extra time to meet up in the event of things like flight delays, bad weather, or road closures.
Other check-in methods
Other options include:
- Self check-in
- Messaging with instructions to enter
- Leaving keys in a lockbox
- Having a neighbor, Co-Host, or doorperson meet guests