Welcome! How can we help?
- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hosting Standards
- Business Travel
- Trust & Safety
How do I submit a Host Guarantee payment request?
In an emergency situation, you should always contact the police, emergency personnel or the proper authorities first.
To submit a Host Guarantee payment request, please follow these steps:
- Read through the terms and conditions of the Host Guarantee at www.airbnb.com/terms/host_guarantee
- Contact your guest to notify them of your complaint. Often hosts and guests resolve issues on their own via our Resolution Center.
- If you and your guest are having trouble coming to an agreement, please update your ticket in our Resolution Center accordingly. In the very rare occasion of malicious damages or damages involving any kind of illegal activity, please file a police report with your local authorities. We'll ask you to provide Airbnb with an official copy of said report, so please be sure to ask for a paper copy for your records.
- Gather as much documentation as possible to submit with your form, including photos, receipts, a police report, and any other documentation that proves ownership, damage, or estimates the fair market value of items damaged.
- Log in to the desktop version of Airbnb and submit your request at www.airbnb.com/incidents/new
You must submit the request either 14 days from the guest’s check out or before the next guest checks in, whichever is earlier. For payment requests submitted on time, we’ll send a confirmation email and follow-up emails to discuss next steps.
Once we have received sufficient information from both the host and the guest, we’ll review all documentation and evaluate the payment request. The length of the process will vary depending on the severity of the case, the quality of documentation, and the cooperation of the host and guest.