What is the Guest Refund Policy?
The Guest Refund Policy supports guests in the event they experience a travel issue. A travel issue generally falls into one of 3 categories: (1) the host cancels the reservation shortly before check-in or the host fails to provide access to the listing booked, (2) the listing booked is misrepresented or lacks in promised amenities or items, or (3) the listing is not generally clean or as described. To make a claim, read more here.
The following are scenarios addressed by the Guest Refund Policy. The guest arrived to the listing and notified Airbnb within 24 hours that:
- The listing is missing an amenity promised on the site in either the listing’s description, amenities, or photos.
- The room type of the listing is not what was booked.
- The number of bedrooms or bathrooms in the listing does not match what was booked.
- The listing itself or the location of the listing is not what was booked.
- The listing does not have clean bedding or towels available for all the guests included on the reservation, unless the host has clearly stated that linens are not provided.
- The listing is unsanitary, unsafe, or hazardous to the health of your guests.
- There is an animal in the listing which was not disclosed prior to booking.
The Guest Refund Policy is available to all Airbnb guests who have booked on the site, no matter the destination they’re traveling to or their country of residence. The Guest Refund Policy is not insurance and does not replace your traveler’s insurance. Make sure you review and understand the terms of your insurance policy and what it covers and does not cover. Full details are found in the Policy Center.