Welcome! How can we help?
- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hospitality Standards
- Business Travel
- Trust & Safety
Will I be charged if my reservation request isn't accepted by the host?
When you submit a reservation request, we’ll place an authorization on your payment method for the amount of the reservation. If you're using Alipay, you'll be charged for the full amount but refunded immediately and automatically if the reservation request isn't accepted.
An authorization is a pending charge or hold on a payment, to ensure there’s enough money to cover the full cost of the reservation.
Here’s how an authorization works:
- An authorization will usually appear in the pending section of your credit card or payment account
- If your reservation is accepted, the authorization will turn into a real charge and the amount will be deducted from your payment account
- If your reservation is declined or expires, we’ll automatically release the authorization and you won’t be charged
- Depending on the processing time of your bank, the authorization release may take up to 7 business days
- An authorization release will either appear as refund on your credit card or payment account, or alternatively, the original authorization may disappear from your account entirely