Using Zoom to host online Experiences
Whether it’s Drag Queen Bingo, an astrology workshop, or cooking lessons with Italian Grandmas, there’s one thing all online Airbnb Experiences have in common—Zoom. In addition to hosting your online Experience through Zoom, you'll also use it to submit your demonstration for approval. Download it here.
Recording your demonstration
As part of the submission process, we’ll ask that you use Zoom to record a demonstration of your Experience. Here are some tips to make your recording great.
You can use another service to record your submission video, but we strongly recommend using Zoom, so that you can get comfortable using it to host your Experience.
Activating your new Zoom account
When your Experience is approved, you’ll be prompted to activate a new Zoom account in your Experience settings. This is a unique Zoom account that's linked to your Airbnb Experience—this new account must use an email address that’s different from any existing Zoom account you already have.
It may take up to 30 minutes after you complete all steps for the Zoom activation status to be updated.
Finding your Zoom link
Your guests will receive a unique Zoom link for each instance of your Experience on your calendar. There 2 ways to find the link:
- In confirmation email sent each time a guest books
- In the reminder email sent before your Experience starts
Letting guests in
Zoom's Waiting room feature allows you to control who joins your Experience by letting each guest in one by one. So if a guest shares the Zoom link with another guest who wasn't included in their reservation, you don't have to let that extra unpaid guest in. You can, however, request payment for the extra guest in the Resolution Center.
- How-to•Experience HostHosting an online ExperienceSubmit your online Experience idea and your location. If approved, you’ll use Zoom, a video conferencing tool, to host it.
- Community policy•Experience HostWhat are the requirements specific to online experiences?An online experience is live, not pre-recorded, with an engaging host who offers interactivity and connection with their guests.
- How-to•GuestWhat do I need to know before attending an Online Experience on Zoom?Before you attend your experience, make sure your device meets the Zoom system requirements and test your internet connection by joining a t…