When a guest doesn’t show up for a reservation
You were ready for guests, but they didn’t show up. Don’t worry, we’ll release payout for a canceled reservation as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
If this is your first time hosting, we may hold the payout for 30 days after the reservation was confirmed. Learn more about payouts.
Keep in contact
It’s a good idea to connect with your guests before they’re due to arrive. You’ll find their info in the trip itinerary.
- Airbnb message: Find your guests’ message in your Inbox and send them a note. Message alerts are sent to their email address and as notifications in the Airbnb app
- Phone: Phone numbers are listed in Reservations
Keep in mind that many guests don’t have access to a phone while traveling, or they may experience travel delays that will affect their arrival time.
- HostIf you don’t hear back from guests and your request is important or urgent, you can send a message reminding them to accept or decline your …
- HostIf you find that a guest is breaking one of the house rules or has made you feel unsafe, you can decline their trip request or cancel the re…
- Travel adminYes, only trip planners can change or cancel a reservation for any booking they made.