How can I send a card or contribution to a prior host?
To show appreciation or encouragement, eligible guests can send personalized kindness cards to hosts they’ve given four or five-star ratings, with the option to add a financial contribution. Airbnb will charge no fee, and 100% of your contribution goes directly to the host. The cards make it easy to reach out to a host who’s provided excellent service during a stay or an Airbnb Experience.
How it works
If you’re eligible, you’ll receive an email inviting you to send a card:
- Click or tap Send a kindness card in the email.
- You’ll be taken to a page where you can choose a host. You’ll only be shown hosts from experiences or stays you’ve given four or five-star ratings. Hosts who are no longer hosting on Airbnb will not be shown.
- Next, select a card design. To change the language of the card that your host will receive, tap or click the language selector. A check is shown next to the language in which the host will receive the card. The host's preferred language will also be indicated. Note that some card designs are only available in certain languages.
- Then add a note to the host, if you like. To get ideas for what to say in your note, select "Show some examples" in the message box. Then, write your own note or edit one of the examples.
- Finally, you'll have the option to include a financial contribution where 100% of your payment goes directly to the host.
- You’ll be able to preview your card before sending it. Please note that your card and the message inside may be visible to others
After you send your card, you’ll receive a confirmation email including a copy of the card. If your payment method fails, you'll also receive an email letting you know you'll need to update your payment information in order for your contribution to be completed. Once you send a card to a host, you won't be able to send them an additional card.
You may not have the option to add a financial contribution to every card. Some hosts may not be able to accept financial contributions for various reasons, including living in locations where local regulations prevent them from accepting contributions. Also for group stays or experiences, only the guest who paid through Airbnb will be able to make a contribution to that host.
It’s your responsibility to determine whether your contribution is eligible for a tax deduction or credit.
Helping first responders: If you’d like to support COVID-19 responders, you can donate to nonprofits supporting responders who need to stay near hospitals or stay isolated from their family. Learn more about how you can help.
- GuestTipping experience HostsNo tip is necessary as Hosts price the experience to fully cover their costs, but an honest review is always appreciated.
- HostWhat happens when I receive a card or contribution from a guest?Cards make it easy for guests to show a host their appreciation. If a guest sends a financial contribution, you’ll receive 100% of this paym…
- GuestBooking an Experience for your teamYou can browse Experiences that are suitable for teams, or you can search for Experiences by location.