- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hosting Standards
- Business Travel
- Trust & Safety
- Contact Airbnb
How do I verify my phone number?
To verify your phone number:
- Click your name in the top-right corner of airbnb.com
- Select Edit Profile
- Look for Phone Number and click Add a phone number
- Use the drop-down menu to select your country. We’ll automatically insert the right country code.
- Enter your area code and phone number
- Click Verify via SMS or Verify via Call. We'll send you a 4-digit code via an SMS (text) message or automated phone call.
- Enter the code we sent you and and click Verify
- If you don’t see a confirmation message, try refreshing the page. If the method you chose isn't working, try the other one.
After verifying your phone number, you can manage text message notifications by clicking your name in the top-right corner of airbnb.com and selecting Account followed by Notifications. As always, standard message and data rates may apply for any calls or messages sent or received. For questions about these rates, get in touch with your phone provider.
Having a verified phone number gives your hosts, guests, and Airbnb a way to contact you about your reservations or your account. You might be asked to verify your phone number when making reservations or listing your space. You also need a verified phone number to complete Verified ID.