Cancellation policy details
On Airbnb, hosts set the cancellation policies that guests can book with. The terms vary depending on the place and the amount of time left before check-in.
You’ll find cancellation details towards the bottom of the listing page for the place you want to reserve. For some places, hosts offer a choice—non-refundable or refundable—each with a different price and set of terms.
You’ll also be able to review the cancellation policy again before you book. After you book, you’ll see the details in the reservation confirmation email and on your Trips page.
A few things to know:
- If there is a cleaning fee, it is always refunded if you cancel before check-in.
- If there is an Airbnb service fee, it is only refunded if you cancel during the free cancellation period for your reservation, if the canceled reservation doesn’t overlap with an existing reservation, and if you haven’t already received 3 service fee refunds in the last 12 months.
- If a hotel or other professional host collects property fees on-site, any refund of those fees is at the discretion of the host.
- If the listing is inaccessible, unclean, unsafe, or if there’s an animal present that the host didn’t mention in the listing description, we’ll issue a refund or help you find a new place to stay.
- If a host can’t or won’t fix an issue, you should contact us within 24 hours of finding the issue. In qualifying cases, we will cancel a reservation and issue a refund.
- If you need to cancel because of an emergency, we may be able to issue a refund.