Signing up to host emergency stays through Airbnb.org
Whether you're already an Airbnb Host or just setting up your first listing, you can offer temporary emergency stays for free or at a lower rate to people in times of crisis. To sign up, visit Airbnb.org and click or tap Start hosting.
You can choose to offer your space exclusively for free emergency stays by creating a new listing through Airbnb.org, or if you already have an Airbnb listing, you can make your space available for emergency stays for free or at a lower rate.
Hosts offering emergency stays through Airbnb.org will get an Airbnb.org Supporter badge on their profiles.
Airbnb.org currently supports:
- People affected by a disaster and relief workers responding in an official capacity
- Recognized refugees and/or people who are in the process of seeking asylum, Special Immigrant Visa (SIV), or other immigrant status designations with a similar humanitarian purpose
In some instances, a nonprofit partner of Airbnb.org might book on behalf of the guest. They communicate house rules and instructions to guests, and assist them throughout the stay. In other instances, approved guests may book for themselves.
All primary guests must meet Airbnb.org’s eligibility criteria before being able to utilize emergency stays. Guests’ eligibility may be reviewed checked by Airbnb.org, its nonprofit partners, referral organizations, or service providers.
You’ll have 24 hours to respond to booking requests.
You may choose to offer your space at a lower charitable rate to support people in times of crisis while still covering your hosting costs.
Here’s what you need to know about setting your rate:
- The charitable rate must be less than your current average daily rate. We encourage you to price your listing as low as possible so that nonprofit funds can be stretched to help house more people.
- If you offer your home at a lower rate, you will still receive your cleaning fee. Listings offered for free are exempt from cleaning fees.
- If you offer your home at a lower rate, normal taxes apply.
- Airbnb waives all service fees for Airbnb.org facilitated stays.
- Smart pricing and discounts are not applied.
Getting protected through AirCover
AirCover for Hosts is top-to-bottom protection for Hosts. It includes guest identity verification, reservation screening, $3M Host damage protection, $1M Host liability insurance, and a 24-hour safety line. It also includes $1M Experiences liability insurance. It’s always included and always free whenever you host.
Manage your calendar
Your listing will have the same calendar for both Airbnb and Airbnb.org stays. That means if it’s been booked by Airbnb guests, it won’t be available for Airbnb.org guests on those dates and vice versa. Learn more about managing your calendar.
Manage your settings
You can edit your Airbnb.org hosting settings at any time. Learn more about managing your Airbnb.org settings.
It's not possible for us to provide charitable donation tax receipts for emergency stays through Airbnb.org at this time. Tax regulations vary by country. You should review your local tax regulations or consult with a tax advisor to understand what deductions you may be eligible for.
Host damage protection, Host liability insurance, and Experience liability insurance don’t cover Hosts who offer stays through Airbnb Travel, LLC, or Hosts in Japan, where the Japan Host Insurance, and Japan Experience Protection Insurance apply. For Hosts who offered stays or experiences in mainland China, the China Host Protection Plan applies. Host damage protection isn’t related to Host liability insurance.Keep in mind that all coverage limits are shown in USD, and there are other terms, conditions, and exclusions.
- HostEligibility for emergency stays through Airbnb.orgThe program supports evacuees, relief workers, medical patients and their caregivers, refugees, and asylum seekers.
- HostAbout Airbnb.orgAirbnb.org is an independent, publicly-supported nonprofit organization that partners with nonprofits to provide people with emergency housi…
- HostPreparing to host your first Airbnb.org emergency stayYou can best prepare for hosting an Airbnb.org stay by keeping your calendar availability up to date and checking your messages regularly.