What's a Guidebook?
Guidebooks let hosts suggest local spots, like restaurants, grocery stores, parks, and attractions. Some cities also have city guidebooks, which are combined lists of recommendations that hosts have added to their own guidebooks.
Add a host guidebook to a listing
To create your guidebook:
- Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com.
- Click Manage Listing and Calendar on the listing you want to edit.
- Hover on the left side of the page to open the menu.
- Click Guidebook.
- Under a category, enter a business name or address of a favorites place.
- Write a short recommendation and any tags that apply.
- Click Add.
You'll need to create a separate host guidebook for each of your listings. You can only create a host guidebook once you've completed the steps to list your space.
Since these guidebooks are public, you’ll have to remove your recommendations if you don’t want them to appear for all guests.
Edit or delete a host guidebook
You can edit or remove recommendations from your guidebook, or delete your guidebook altogether.
- Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
- Click Manage Listing and Calendar on the listing you want to edit
- Hover on the left side of the page to open the menu
- Click Guidebook
- Next to the business you want to edit, click Edit
- If you want to remove the business, click Delete. Otherwise, you can edit your recommendation.
To delete your guidebook, you need to remove each recommendation individually.
Host recommendations in city guidebooks
With city guidebooks, recommendations from host guidebooks are used to provide a detailed picture of what guests can do in that city. Three recommendations will be featured and will include a link to the host’s guidebook and listing. These featured recommendations will change over time.
To determine which recommendations to use, our algorithms look at the most interesting content created around each location, based on informativeness, uniqueness, and representation of the place. We then show the most helpful recommendations which seem to provide the most compelling information for guests.
The best way to be featured in city guidebooks is to continue expanding your own host guidebook with your favorite places in the area.
Can’t find a city guidebook
At this time, not all cities have a city guidebook but we’re actively looking to add more. The best way to help your city get a guidebook is to expand your own host guidebook with your recommendations. Once enough hosts create robust guidebooks, this information can be gathered together in a city guidebook.
Leave feedback about guidebooks
If you have any thoughts or concerns about guidebooks, you can provide us direct feedback. While not all feedback will make it to the site or receive a response, we encourage you to share your knowledge and opinions.