When a reservation is “not possible”
As a Host, you may get a trip request that’s marked “not possible.”
Why this happens
“Not possible” appears when a guest has sent an inquiry or trip request for dates that were once available, but are no longer available, because:
- Another reservation overlaps with some or all of the dates the guest inquired about or requested
- Some or all of the dates are now blocked on your calendar
- Availability settings (ex: preparation time, advance notice, or minimum/maximum date settings) may interfere with a trip request
- Airbnb can block your calendar if you haven’t provided all the information required for your account
What you can do
Otherwise, as a Host, you don’t have to do anything when a reservation is no longer possible. We’ll tell the potential guest that the dates can’t be booked.
- HostFill your place fasterAccepting booking requests or pre-approving guest booking inquiries within 24 hours helps guests book your place.
- HostUnderstanding your reservation statusFind details on the various statuses your reservation may go through.
- HostExpired or withdrawn invites, offers and requestsAfter expiration, you can still ask the guest to send another reservation request. You can also send a special offer.