How do I deactivate or delete my account?
To deactivate your account
From airbnb.com, log in to your Airbnb account and deactivate your account from your Account settings.
When you deactivate your account:
- Any reservations you currently have as a host or a guest will automatically be canceled.
- Your profile will be hidden.
- If you are a host, your listings will be hidden.
- Some information, such as your reviews, may remain visible to others.
- We’ll retain your account data so you can reactivate your account in the future.
If you are a host and you want to deactivate a listing instead of your account, learn how.
To delete your account
If you want to permanently close and delete your account, contact us.
When you delete your account:
- We will verify your identity for security purposes before accepting the deletion request.
- Any reservations you currently have as a host or a guest will be canceled automatically.
- We’ll start working on your deletion request after we receive it, but some of your data may remain in our systems if we are legally required, or while we are legally permitted, to retain it.
- Instead of deleting certain data, we may de-identify or disassociate it, such that it no longer appears associated with you. Some information, such as your reviews and messages you sent to other people, may still be visible to others.
Once your account is deleted, you can’t reactivate it, recover any data, or regain access. You'll need to set up a new account if you want to use Airbnb again.