Guiding tours in Buenos Aires
Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!
These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.
Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.
Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*
Do I need a license to take my guests to public areas or monuments in or around the City of Buenos Aires?
Yes, you will need permission to provide guided tours in the City of Buenos Aires. If you have a standing tourist guide permit, there is nothing to worry about. However, if you do not possess a tourist guide permit, it is unlikely that you incur in regulatory issues as long as you follow the following:
- You use third party services with current tour guide licenses, or
- The tour is not main part of experience, is provided free of charge and description of the Experience does not promise a tour accompanied by a knowledgeable/certified guide, but rather makes reference to "sightseeing" of facilities and/or city areas within the broader experience.
Do I need permission to give my guests a tour of buildings or attractions in or around the City of Buenos Aires?
See response to question above.
*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).
- Experience HostExperiences involving food in Buenos AiresHosting Airbnb Experiences is fun, but there are some obligations and rules that apply to different activities. We’ve gathered some resource…
- Experience HostExperiences involving transportation in Buenos AiresHosting Airbnb Experiences is fun, but there are some obligations and rules that apply to different activities. We’ve gathered some resource…
- Experience HostWhat kind of taxes do I need to pay as an experience host in Argentina?If you're thinking about becoming an Airbnb Experience Host, here's some information to help you understand the laws in your city.