- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hosting Standards
- Business Travel
- Trust & Safety
I'm a host. Will Airbnb send payouts through Western Union?
Never pay for a reservation outside Airbnb's secure, on-site payment system. If a host or guest asks to pay for a reservation outside our on-site payment system, report the message by clicking in the message thread with that person.
If you're a host, Airbnb can send you your payouts through Western Union. This payout method may not be available to all hosts, depending on the country in which the account is based. You can see if Western Union is available to you as a payout method by going to Account > Payout Preferences. Then click on the Add Payout Method button. After entering your address, you'll see a list of your payout and currency options.
When you choose Western Union as your payout method, you’ll need to enter your name as it appears on your official government ID, including your first, middle, and last names. Your official ID will need to match your account information when you collect your payout.
About 1 to 2 days after your reservation begins, you'll receive a unique confirmation number (called an MTCN) via email. You need this number to pick up your money transfer from a Western Union Quick Cash agent location. Find the closest agent location in your area: www.payment-solutions.com/agent.asp
Important details about Western Union transactions:
- Western Union payouts are sent on business days (by the end of business day US Pacific Time) and expire after 30 days.
- We charge a $10 USD fee for Western Union payouts to cover processing costs. This will be automatically deducted from each Western Union transaction.
- There is a minimum payout of $60 USD required before your payout will be sent.
- There is a maximum payout of $2000 USD. If you have a payout of more than $2000, it will be divided into several smaller payouts and sent in separate transactions. Western Union cannot process identical sums on the same day, so if you have a large payout of $4000 or more, only $2000 can be processed per day.
- We send all Western Union payouts in USD. Depending on your country, you may be able to pick up your payout in USD or only in your local currency. Western Union sets the exchange rate between USD and your currency.
- Your payout may also be subject to additional fees as imposed by your government. Any additional fees imposed by your country's government are not set nor charged by Airbnb.