Airbnb service fees
To help Airbnb run smoothly and to cover the cost of services like 24/7 customer support, we charge a service fee when a booking is confirmed.
There are 2 different fee structures for stays: a split-fee and a Host-only fee.
This fee structure is the most common and is split between the Host and the guest.
Most Hosts pay a 3% fee, but some pay more, including:
- Airbnb Plus Hosts
- Hosts with listings in Italy
- Hosts with Super Strict cancellation policies
This fee is calculated from the booking subtotal (nightly rate + cleaning fee + additional guest fee, if applicable—excluding Airbnb fees and taxes) and is automatically deducted from the Host payout.
To review the service fee for a booking:
- Go to Transaction history
- Select the reservation code
- Under Payout, find the Airbnb Service Fee
Most guest service fees are under 14.2% of the booking subtotal (nightly rate + cleaning fee + additional guest fee, if applicable—excluding Airbnb fees and taxes). This fee varies based on a variety of factors and is shown during checkout before you book so you know what to expect.
2. Host-only fee
With this structure, the entire fee is deducted from the Host payout. It’s typically 14–16%, though Airbnb Plus Hosts and Hosts with Super Strict cancellation policies may pay more. For listings in mainland China, it’s 10%.
This fee is mandatory for hotels and a few other types of Hosts, such as software-connected Hosts—unless most of their listings are in the USA, Canada, the Bahamas, Mexico, Argentina, Taiwan, or Uruguay.
Depending on the laws of the jurisdiction involved, a VAT may be charged on top of the above fees. The service fee includes the VAT where applicable.
Note: Fees for Airbnb Luxe properties are handled separately.
- How-to•GuestHow pricing worksHow the total price of a reservation is calculated
- How-to•HostManage your price settingsEdit your listing to manage your nightly price, discounts, and more.
- How-to•HostHow do custom price settings affect my payout amount?Custom weekly and monthly prices will override your normal nightly, weekly, and monthly prices, as well as any custom nightly prices you’ve …