Guiding tours in Berlin
Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!
These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your Experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.
Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.
Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*
Generally, you do not need to have a special licence to provide guided tours of public areas or monuments in Berlin. However, institutions (e.g. museums) may require specific certificates to grant access rights to guided tours. You can determine what authorizations may be needed by checking directly with the location you intend to take guests.
Optional certifications and training
You can elect to obtain formal certification in hospitality and tourism. While this is not an official requirement for providing guided tours, it might be helpful for your Experience. The following are some examples (but not a comprehensive list) of tourist guide associations and tourist guide companies that offer training and certificate classes:
- The BVGD Certificate DIN EN 15565 certifies professional qualification in the EU. More information can be found here.
- In Berlin, the Association of Berlin Tour Guides offers training which will be concluded with the BVGD Certificate. Check out their website here or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Bündnis Berliner Stadtführer e.V. offers continuing educational workshops.
- The German Chamber of Commerce and Industry sometimes schedules certificate courses as well. For more information click here, search for a seminar hereor email the Chamber in Berlin at email@example.com.
In providing guided tours you should also check what business registration requirements may still apply. Check our Responsible Hosting Page on [Business Registration] to learn more.
*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).
- Experience HostExperiences involving food in BerlinHosting Airbnb Experiences is fun, but there are some obligations and rules that apply to different activities. We’ve gathered some resource…
- Experience HostExperiences involving transportation in MadridHosting Airbnb Experiences is fun, but there are some obligations and rules that apply to different activities. We’ve gathered some resource…
- Experience HostBusiness licensing in Rio de JaneiroLaws, rules, licensing—here’s some helpful information to get you started learning about what you might need to be an Airbnb Experience Host…