What are the quality standards for Airbnb experiences?
Everyone who hosts an experience on Airbnb must demonstrate high levels of expertise and the ability to connect with guests. The experience itself must give guests insider access to places or things they couldn’t find on their own.
Every experience submitted to Airbnb is reviewed to make sure it meets those three quality standards: expertise, insider access, and connection. These standards help make sure that guest expectations are met.
- Expertise: Hosts are knowledgeable and deeply passionate about what they do. They go beyond the surface with personal stories and context that bring the experience to life.
- Insider access: Hosts unlock places or activities that the average traveler wouldn’t likely discover on their own. They invite guests to actively participate in the activity, community or culture.
- Connection: Hosts are dedicated to creating meaningful human connections. They go out of their way to make guests feel welcome and recognized. Guests come as strangers and leave as friends.
Learn more about these quality standards in our blog post about the 3 pillars of a quality experience. Experiences that don’t meet the above standards may be removed from Airbnb.
Other requirements for experiences
- Accuracy: Hosts must provide complete and accurate information about their experience, including the itinerary, time and date, meeting location, what they’ll provide to guests, etc.
- Exclusive dates: Once a host lists an experience for a particular time and date on Airbnb, only Airbnb guests can attend that instance of the experience.
- Commitment to reservations: Hosts must honor all booked reservations, even if that reservation is for one person, unless they are forced to cancel due to a valid extenuating circumstance. Guest minimums are not supported at this time.
- Minimum guest review ratings: Experiences with too many low-star (1, 2, or 3-star) reviews or an average rating at or below 4.7 may be removed from Airbnb. Learn more about ratings and reviews for experiences.
If you are interested in hosting an experience, submit your idea here, and it will be reviewed to make sure it meets the quality standards. If your experience doesn’t meet the above standards, it won’t be listed on Airbnb.