Invites and special offers
Let’s say you contact a Host about their place before requesting to book it. The Host can then invite you to book in two ways:
- Invitation to book: Allows you to book for the dates and prices shown when you contacted the Host.
- Special offer: Host chooses a custom price (or other details) and invites you to book with the new details. You’ll have 24 hours to accept the special offer.
To accept an invitation to book or special offer:
- Go to your Inbox and open your Host’s message
- Review the details of your pre-approval or special offer and click or tap Book now
- Next, click Reserve and review your payment info
- Click or tap Confirm and pay
Note: The special offer will be for the nightly rate, cleaning fees, and any extra guest fees, but it doesn’t include taxes, the service fee, or the security deposit (only certain Hosts can charge a security deposit). You will get a detailed breakdown of the price before you finalize the booking.
- HostSending special offersIf a potential guest sends you a message before they book a reservation, you can send them a custom price, or special offer, within the mess…
- GuestHow an invite to book worksA pre-approval is a way for a host to let you know that their listing is available when asked about a potential reservation. You have 24 hou…
- GuestWhat does it mean if a host pre-approves me?If a host pre-approves you, you can automatically book your reservation for the dates you’ve inquired about without waiting for another resp…