Welcome! How can we help?
- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hospitality Standards
- Business Travel
- Trust & Safety
How do I pay for my reservation?
The total price of a reservation on Airbnb is based on a few factors. Note that the price is charged in full once a host accepts your reservation request (or if you use Instant Book).
Costs determined by the host:
- Nightly price: Nightly rate decided by the host
- Cleaning fee: One-time fee charged by some hosts to cover the cost of cleaning their space
- Extra guest fees: One-time fee charged by some hosts to cover other costs related to using their space
Costs determined by Airbnb:
- Airbnb service fee: Guest service fee charged for all reservations to help Airbnb run smoothly and offer 24/7 customer support
Other costs that may be included:
- Currency exchange fee
- Value Added Tax (VAT): Tax charged to guests who live in the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, South Africa, and Japan (charged as JCT).
- Local taxes—Any taxes charged based on the location of the host's listing
Note: Security deposits are only charged if the host needs to make a claim.