Recognising eco-friendly stays across Malaysia
In collaboration with the Malaysian Green Technology and Climate Change Centre (MGTC), the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) and the Ecotourism and Conservation Society of Malaysia (ECOMY), the Airbnb Green Stays Awards aims to celebrate and recognise small, local tourism accommodation providers in Malaysia who have incorporated sustainability practices into their daily operations and hospitality offerings.
Who is eligible for the award?
The Green Stays Awards are open to any small tourism accommodation provider in Malaysia that meets the following criteria:
- Total revenue of RM 750,000 (USD180,462) or less in the 2019 financial year;
- Employs 0 to 15 staff members.
You do not need to host with Airbnb to apply for the Awards. Submissions will close on 24 October 2021. *Update: The submission deadline has been extended to 31 October 2021.
What will Award winners receive?
- A physical and virtual Airbnb Green Stays Award, that may be shared to your website, Airbnb listing, and social media;
- A closed-door workshop and networking session with global sustainable travel experts;
- Promotion in selected Airbnb domestic travel campaigns; and
- (For non-Airbnb Hosts who wish to list on Airbnb) Dedicated onboarding support from local Airbnb Ambassadors
Thank you for your interest. Submissions have closed on 31 October 2021.