Airbnb & Airbnb China
Airbnb is the world’s biggest community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique places to stay while traveling. Founded in Silicon Valley, Airbnb is one of the fastest growing startups in history, and a signature success of the sharing economy.
China’s tourism industry is currently experiencing unprecedented growth, and it is the key to Airbnb’s future success. Like a startup within a startup, Airbnb China is tasked with the exciting responsibility of bringing Chinese people into the Airbnb community.
What We Do and our Eng Culture
At Airbnb China, we aim to reinvent Airbnb’s global product by tailoring it to local needs.
We build completely new products from scratch that make cultural sense to our Chinese users, as well as rethink and improve upon pre-existing experiences.
At Airbnb, engineers own their impact end-to-end. Our engineers are expected to contribute to the road map, run product experiments, drive data analysis, and come up with next steps from the learnings. Our processes are set up to help us quickly understand what our users need.
About the Position
Stories is a product innovation in China that does not exist in any other regions. China Stories team aims at building the largest travel community in China that connects Chinese millennials with authentic and unique travel experience. We want to provide inspirational stories on things to do and listings to experience for Chinese travellers to explore the world. At the same time, we would like to help Chinese millennials develop their travel identities and connect with each other within Airbnb community.
As the Engineering Manager of the Stories team, you will lead a world class team of engineers building out the stories community by surfacing the most relevant content to the right people and building engaging features on web and mobile clients.
Pls. feel free to submit your application to 简历欢迎投递到 email@example.com 或者 firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an engineering manager with:
- 5+ years of hands-on technical management experience (leading both engineers and managers)
- 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Actively coached and mentored engineers and managers in their careers
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Experience in setting product strategy
- Bonus: Proven track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Bonus: Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Bonus: Experience with Machine Learning is a plus.