Head of Strategic Partnerships DEATCH
Come help us revolutionize the way the world travels. Tagged by Fast Company as one of the “Most Innovative Companies” in the world, Airbnb is an online marketplace giving everyday people the ability to monetize their most valuable asset: an extra bedroom, vacation rental, airbed, castle, boat, tree house or trailer. And with a presence in over 39,000 cities in 192 countries, we are in hyper-growth mode.
We are seeking an ambitious, bright, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited marketing expert to join our team in Berlin.
The Head of Strategic Partnerships DEATCH will report to the General Manager DEATCH. This person will have the critical responsibility of further building our brand in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and focus on actionable, locally relevant, growth-oriented marketing strategies as well as building strong partnerships.
- Works with the General Manager DEATCH and San Francisco based global teams to develop integrated, creative, multichannel marketing campaigns that educate, engage, and excite local residents and visitors about travel via Airbnb
- Act as a key contributor to the success of the DEATCH business as well as the DEATCH leadership team
- Lead a small team of Marketing/Business Development Managers
- Responsible for prioritizing and supervising all key local initiatives driving nights and ensuring consistency between our brand and the stories we tell
- Proactively identifies and executes new business development partnership opportunities to grow our global business and increase local love for Airbnb
- Coordinates local partnerships as needed to successfully scale marketing campaigns and execute larger-scale events in collaboration with San Francisco based teams
- Drive both performance partnerships and partnerships with major brands of all branches to drive brand awareness and understanding
- Conceptualizes, develops and executes targeted marketing events that celebrate the best of Airbnb
- Serves as liaison for global brand campaigns that impact the local market, advising on local implementation of market strategies, providing local insights and working with counterparts in other departments
- Collaborates with marketing, communications and international teams to promote partnerships through press releases, blog posts, and other media
- Manages effective relationships with other key functions (marketing, community, PR, legal, product, analytics, Government Relations/Public Policy) to ensure seamless operations and consistent messaging
- Serves as Airbnb's expert on local marketing - Ensures all marketing activities feel local and personal and articulates market nuances for other teams who aren’t familiar with the region
- Guides Airbnb's evolving social media strategies
- 8+ years experience in marketing, business development or communication
- Experience designing and executing innovative and effective offline, experiential, and social-marketing campaigns
- Preferably strong consumer/lifestyle/travel media contacts
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical, planning and forecasting skills with experience making data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Strong project management skills; Self motivated, driven and able to work autonomously if required
- Has experience communicating directly with journalists and developing strategic communications plans and materials
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment; Comfortable with pressure, ambiguity and takes initiative
- Experience in managing teams of experienced individual contributors
- Passion for Airbnb, travel and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
- Bachelors degree
- Fluent German and English