Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
San Francisco, United States
Engineering Manager, Infrastructure at Airbnb
Airbnb’s business, engineering team and the number of new products is rapidly growing, all in an effort to create a world where everyone in the world can Belong Anywhere. The Homes business is Airbnb’s core business and is responsible for connecting tens of millions of guests and hosts each year. Homes Infrastructure is responsible for building a strong foundation on top of which all Homes product teams make changes.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Second line technical and people management for the Homes Infrastructure teams
- Moving the Homes business to a services oriented architecture.
- Supporting product requests for the core services for Homes e.g. listing, reservation, pricing.
- Improving performance for the guest and host flow.
- Building a more stable and reliable guest and host flow.
- Search infrastructure for the Homes vertical.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- Required: 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 6+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours