Crisis Management Team Lead
Portland, United States
Trust and Safety - Crisis Management Team Lead
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Trust and Safety team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and it’s why we’ve worked so hard to build the trust at its foundation.
With 50 million lifetime guests, and listings in over 190 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we are passionate about creating the most trusted community in the world. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated leader who knows how motivate and inspire a team in a cutting-edge and fast-paced risk management environment. The Crisis Management Team Lead is responsible for managing a team that keeps our guests and hosts safe when it matters most.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of your team through scheduling, shift approvals, team and one-to-one meetings, while working collaboratively with other team leads.
- Includes handling escalated and complex fraud investigations, urgent escalations, property damage claims, and personal safety concerns or other crisis management.
- May also include project management (incl. developing project management abilities within your team) and light data analysis.
- Foster employee happiness by creating team connections, communicating direction and goals, and providing regular performance feedback that fosters positive employee career growth.
- Develop and refine a working knowledge of all workflows, and train and coach your team to ensure that these are followed to a high standard of quality and performance.
- Think critically and constantly evaluate policies and procedures; find ways to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Understand top user issues and other quality or customer insight data, and support your team in making data-supported recommendations to improve our product, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as Point of Contact for urgent or other sensitive cases within your region, spending time each week working on tickets and other escalated issues to refine subject matter expertise.
- Drive your team to meet and exceed metrics expectations; understand how leverage the team to improve outcomes and take action to meet goals.
- Understand how to balance and prioritize the above based on seasonality and the needs of customers, team and Airbnb.
- Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
- >5 years experience leading, inspiring and motivating other to meet goals and metrics
- Experience in working with customers, preferably in a leadership role or crisis management role
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills; must be able to tell a story with data and metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presentation skills a bonus
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Works well in ambiguity and embraces the adventure!
- Language proficiency in English and (1) other language
- Experience in any of the following:
- Victim Advocacy, Counseling or Other Crisis Management Experience
- Background in Psychology or related fields
- Case Work experience in advocacy-related profession
- Risk Management experience, focusing on escalated issues
- Desired, but not Required:
- Media training or brand-risk management
- Data analytic abilities (e.g. Sequel or similar a plus)
- Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks
- Health insurance
- Bike to Work Program
- Travel Pass Program
- Life Assurance
- Pension Plan Assistance
- Quarterly Airbnb Travel Coupon ($2000 per year)
Does this sound like you? Click the APPLY button now and send us your CV and cover letter.