We're are seeking customer service professionals to join our Customer Experience Team in Tokyo, Japan. Specifically, we are looking for native Japanese speakers who have a deep understanding of the intricacies of Japanese culture and can speak English.
You will be joining a small team based in Tokyo and be reporting to the Customer Experience Lead in Japan. If you have excellent customer service skills and know how to make even the angriest of people happy, then this is the perfect role for you. We want our Guests and Hosts to feel respected and cared about. This team will be on the front lines working with our users every day and will partner with our Product team to improve user experience.
- Provide friendly and efficient service to the worldwide Airbnb community.
- Be a first point of contact to handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Respond professionally to inbound phone calls, including urgent situations.
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately.
- Compose thoughtful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer emails.
- Research information and troubleshoot problems using available resources.
- Arbitrate in situations between users.
- Monitor and control numerous concurrent tasks in tandem.
- Proactively and independently work to meet targets and goals.
- Fluent in Japanese
- Fluent in English
- Under 2 years of work experience
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 40 hours a week, one that spans weekends and holidays as our customers need us. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours.
- Patience, empathy, and a unique ability to manage stress.
- Skilled and eloquent in writing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Active, passionate Airbnb user.
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring and improving customer satisfaction and loyalty across broad functional areas and diverse geographies.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems.
- Experience with policy work, or help resource project management
- Previous, demonstrable experience with creation of online help resources
- Early adopter of technology.