Software Engineer, Machine Learning
San Francisco, United States
About the Position
We are looking for Machine Learning engineers to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging data problems, including:
- Large scale Machine Learning infrastructure that powers our Search ranking models.
- Natural Language Processing to understand text content on Airbnb platform, including reviews, descriptions and interactions between users on our marketplace.
- Identifying suspicious transactions and malicious users for Trust and Safety.
- Determining the optimal pricing strategies to help our Hosts effectively manage their listings and achieve their revenue goals.
- Modeling demand and supply situation in real time to optimize the overall market efficiency and give valuable insights to the Hosts.
- Clustering of users and listings to enable more intelligent matching.
We are looking for engineers with:
- 5+ years of industry experience or a PhD + 2 years industry experience
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code. Experience in Java, C++, Python, Scala and other equivalent languages is a plus.
- Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- Good understanding of common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection and other practical machine learning issues, such as overfitting.
- Experience with MapReduce, Spark and Hive a plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...