Software Engineer, Android
San Francisco, United States
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate builders who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in Android development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty in backend code. We believe that great product people use lots of products, so if you’re an active user of Airbnb, we are listening.
Why is Android important at Airbnb?
Not only is mobile quickly becoming the preferred means to book travel, but mobile uniquely enables our hosts to be responsive and connects our guests to their surroundings. Because of the unique form-factor of mobile, we put a particular emphasis on the user-experience design. Our apps have been featured in the app store, Google Play and at WWDC.
What are examples of work that Android engineers have done at Airbnb?
- We built a calendar management tool because keeping our systems synced with the ever-changing schedules of our hosts is critical.
- We’ve internationalized the app into 18 languages.
- Increasingly we are building functionality that only exists on mobile. Although there are a number of such things in flight, at the time of writing this, they hadn’t yet been shared publicly :-).
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available on Google Play.
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense.
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly.
- Generalist Engineer experience.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...