Software Engineer, Full Stack
San Francisco, United States
Software Engineering at Airbnb:
There is much more that we want to build and so much that we could improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to jump into most projects.
What are examples of work that Software Engineers have done at Airbnb?
- Our payments platform transmits billions of dollars in dozens of different currencies among over 100 countries. By integrating new partners, we can both optimize our costs and grow our business by better supporting different countries.
- We re-built the List Your Space flow. We A/B tested every change carefully and within three months doubled the conversion rate.
- We created Neighborhoods, a product that answers the question of which parts of a city have desirable Airbnb listings for you. We built systems that allowed writers, translators, and photographers all over the world to collaborate on bringing cities to life. Read more.
- When Hurricane Sandy struck, we partnered with the City of New York to quickly create a platform for New Yorkers to provide free housing to those who were displaced by the storm.
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in engineering.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Engineers who have experience with web best practices such as A/B testing, test coverage.
- We are currently not interviewing anyone with less than 2 years of industry experience for this role. Our new graduate requisition will be re-opened in the fall.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...