Software Engineer, Risk
San Francisco, United States
Why is Trust & Safety important at Airbnb?
As a leader in the sharing economy, Airbnb is on the cutting edge of Trust & Safety. Our hosts are opening their homes to travelers from around the world, and our Trust and Safety team works to build a foundation of trust in our community that makes it all possible.
The Risk Engineering team works to keep our users safe both online and offline. We must be vigilant of online marketplace risks while also facilitating experiences happening offline in over 34,000 cities. Our team must detect and mitigate fraud and potential bad actors that attempt to take advantage of Airbnb and its users.
We balance a fine line of introducing sufficient friction while providing a great user experience, and we’re looking for Full Stack engineers to help us keep Airbnb a safe and trusted platform.
What are examples of work that Risk Engineers have done at Airbnb?
- Verified ID is a product feature that serves as evidence of presence in the online and offline world, acting as a badge of trust in our community.
- We’ve built machine learning pipelines which process large sets of data to identify and mitigate bad actors.
- We partner closely with data scientists to build machine learning models to detect fraud that operate on top of highly performant Java services.
- We empower our team of Trust and Safety Investigators by creating powerful tools to help them respond both reactively and proactively to situations at scale.
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Full stack engineering experience
- Working with data at scale, specifically with distributed systems
- Strong background in algorithms with a focus on applied problem solving
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Experience with trust & safety or risk is a plus, but not required
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Weekly happy hour