Growth Marketing Lead, SEM
San Francisco, United States
The Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering and data science. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. We are looking for an exceptional leader to oversee our Global Search Engine Marketing (SEM) team. She or he will develop the strategy and drive innovation for one of Airbnb’s largest acquisition channels. This person will be a thought partner to functional leads and business partners across Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Finance to set and exceed aggressive growth targets. This role will be crucial as the Growth Marketing team expands to support multiple business units and stakeholders. This role is based in San Francisco, managing a team of 15 with hyper-growth opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Strategy: Set the vision and future direction of our Global SEM program Develop strategies and moonshots that accelerates the growth of the business through insights and experimentation.
- Collaboration: Build a best-in-class acquisition program through thought leadership and partnering with cross-functional leads across Engineering, Data Science, and Product. Grow and oversee vendor relationships across various global and local search engines and agencies.
- Leadership: Build and lead a global team of experienced performance marketers responsible for our acquisition program across multiple search engines and business objectives.
- Accountability: Managing a budget of $XXXm per year while hitting key business growth objectives.
- Process excellence: Develop business roadmaps, establish accountability streams, propose scalable solutions, and ensure alignment of team processes with stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
- 12+ years of experience managing complex, multi-million dollar SEM programs; a minimum of 3-5 years managing a team.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to build, motivate and lead team members to achieve both business results and career growth.
- Experience navigating ambiguity - developing effective processes and alignment that can adapt to a fast paced, ever evolving environment.
- Data-driven to the core with a focus on rapid experimentation.
- Experience leading teams at high-growth startups or global travel brands a plus.
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies/time zones
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.