The International Accounting team is looking for a highly qualified GL Accountant to support Airbnb’s rapid and sustained global growth in Europe. The GL Accountant will report to the International Accounting Manager based in Dublin and will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing various balance sheet accounts and ensuring transactions are processed and reported in the company’s financial systems. The ideal candidate will have outstanding problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced, high-growth environment. A strong attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines consistently and to work well under pressure is a must.
- Primary responsibility for the integrity of the accounts for a number of European entities.
- Month end close including (but not limited to) completion of the cost plus invoice, preparation and review of month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of journal entries and review and analysis of system-generated journal entries.
- Provide analysis for monthly activity for balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Preparation and review of VAT remittances and other statutory filings as required.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of annual statutory financial statements for a number of European entities.
- Assisting with various ad hoc projects and on-going efforts toward increased automation in monthly reporting, AP and payroll.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective workflows to improve the close cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Minimum of three years of hands-on general ledger accounting experience including the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries. Tech industry experience a big plus.
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Qualified Accountant preferred (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- Prior experience with a multi-national and experience with foreign exchange desired.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail and highly motivated/proactive.
- Experience with global financial systems preferred (i.e. Oracle, NetSuite, Workday).
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have highest level of integrity.
- Wants to work in a fast-paced, energized, self-starter environment.
- Exposure to statutory financial statement preparation and review across European GAAP.
- Fluency in English and either French, German, Spanish, Italian, Danish a big plus.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks
- Health insurance
- Bike to Work Program
- Travel Pass Program
- Life Assurance
- Pension Plan Assistance
- Quarterly Airbnb Travel Coupon