About this listing
Welcome to Downtown, the best bit of Manhattan. One of largest places on Airbnb in NYC . Your Very Own PRIVATE Bathroom & PRIVATE Bedroom, a Terrace right off the bedroom that is pretty secluded (use it and you may never be seen again). Near to subways, buses, restaurants, bars, history. So much more too, just read below and..
..see why we are SUPER-HOSTS with SO MANY 5-STAR REVIEWS
Si, hablo bien espanol, Français parlé assez bien.
I hope to see you soon.
Downtown Manhattan, .. just like you see it in the films. Only so much better in real life !
All the details are below so that will see all that you will experience on your trip to the Big Apple - there are lots of things you will love when you stay here, but PLEASE PLEASE (did I say please?) try to read all the way to the end of the description, including sleeping, information on the area, getting around and the frequently asked questions. I know it is a bit of a novel, but it is well worth it and, from experience, it makes sure you understand everything in detail and ensures you will have the best stay that you can. Anything at all that you are not sure about, if you are new to Airbnb for example, just ask and I will get back asap and clarify.
• Very spacious loft apartment ( about 2000 sq feet, 188 sq m, at last measure - so very BIG for New York) in the center of arguably the coolest area of the city (please do not argue ), modern, minimalist furniture , very open, very clean, I take great pride in having a spotless living environment (that goes for the host too). A Massive space that gets flooded with light via a wall of windows. Just take a look at the pictures. High security. Walking distance to subways & museums. Friendly building and very safe neighborhood.
• Your own PRIVATE bathroom - Large, spacious, with Jacuzzi Bath, Shower, Hairdryer, Kohler fixtures. Fresh towels etc. Fully-stocked. All the shampoo and things you will ever need. Just for you.
• Your own PRIVATE bedroom - Queen Bed for 2, linens, towels, Large Flat Screen TV, Netflix, Amazon TV etc, Wardrobe. Again only for you.
• Large kitchen - Open concept with an area to eat and with everything you need to design a gourmet feast, top of the line GE appliances, Microwave, Toaster, Kettle , Dishwasher, stainless steel counter top etc. Make any food you want - if it is really good, give me some. Make coffee there in the morning - always available -- you have your very own little coffee bar.
• Very large living area, Real Fireplace, WiFi, Surround sound HDTV with HDMI hook-up and Roku TV, Bose sound system with iPhone/iPod hook-up, the best choice in music (in my opinion, most not consulted). Sit.... Enjoy
• Large dining area - seats lots, great views over the city and over the Williamsburg Bridge. Eat foods mentioned above (probably while seated, although one can never be sure).
• Natural brick walls (as opposed to unnatural I suppose) and a lovely Merbeau wooden floor, both of which look good (but don't say much).
• Floor to ceiling windows throughout - bathed in sun (when the sun is out, mainly, of course)
• Outside secluded seating area and balcony - you access directly from your room - very secluded (sometimes I cannot find it)
• Full air conditioning / heating in the room and in rest of loft - be hot, be cool (most likely one at a time)
• Bosch Washer and Dryer - for you to use - we like to reserve that for guests who stay for 3 nights or longer - being kind to the world too, we try to use cold water as well where possible.
• Keyed Private elevator entrance directly into Loft - of course you have your own key (or stairs if u have the energy - does not seem so popular, strangely)
• Printer / Scanner available. Pens and paper too, if you are a traditionalist.(although we draw the line at camel hair brushes, I'm sure you understand). And there is a universal power adapter for you to use to charge your gadgets too.
• The building is a very smart development, a recently renovated 7-story apartment block with original brick facade, great views of the city skyline. Quiet, lovely, village feel, with parks and pedestrian areas just outside, but close enough to get anywhere very easily. I think I am allowed to say it is authentic.
• This is a very large and comfortable space that you will be free to enjoy as you wish (this is your vacation after all). You will have lots of privacy if you wish and as well as the city, you have Books, Music (great as mentioned above), Roku TV with lots of channels and an online DVR and more .... or just relax and chat. Up to you. We provide the following publications too
New York Times
New York Magazine
so you can feel a bit like a New Yorker
• Located in the heart of the LES - food (some of the best in the city), drink, fun, shopping all very, very close. A very cool residential neighborhood just a short trip to all the action. Perfect location for exploring both sides of the river too, as very close to Brooklyn and Williamsburg. One of the most historic neighborhoods in the U.S. (perhaps the most). We are only a few minutes away from the walkway along the East River, it has a great view of the Brooklyn bridge and Manhattan Bridge. Nearly opposite the Tenement Museum (which is really great). TV, Film and general interest media all the time (become a star - or an extra anyway) ,music clubs and comedy left right and center and Alphabet City, Ludlow Street , East Village, Chinatown and Soho all in spitting distance - and I can not spit far. Direct Access to cabs just outside building.
• Food shopping wise, it is 3 blocks from a Whole Foods and a couple of blocks from the Essex Street Market. Great food shopping if you want.
I hope everything is covered - email if you need more information. I hope to see you soon and I hope I can be part of your visit to this unique place.
Guests have access to all they want - the rest of the Loft , the eat-in kitchen, the dining room, living room, their own private bathroom and bedroom of course and the back deck (hanging from rooftop negotiable) Enjoy.
Interaction with guests
As much or as little as you like. A detailed analysis of the day's adventures or limited to semaphore / sign language -- you choose. Of course, ask us as many questions as you would like about what to see and do in New York (We love to talk about that!)
Other things to note
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Some answers to some common questions asked by prospective guests:
• My calendar is ALWAYS updated, so if the apartment is listed as available, then it is. I work hard to make sure that all my information is as accurate and clear as is possible. If you could try to make sure you read the entire listing as it not only answers most questions, but also makes the stay here much more enjoyable - as I have found in my time welcoming many many guests from all over the world.
• If you are getting here early or late, I am happy to accommodate. If you get here early, for example (before the room is ready at 3 pm), you will be able to check in, get the keys, and leave your bags and enjoy the city and the room will be available at the check in time - if the room is ready earlier I will of course inform you
• Once you enter the dates and number of guests, AirBnb will give you an accurate price and show all costs including AirBnb fees. If you want to see how the total is calculated, the area on the right of the screen under the pictures shows the total and will detail what the breakdown is - you can get access to this easily via drop-down next to the total price, giving you a clear picture of all that you will be charged.
• I don't give preset weekly or monthly discounts but, if you are planning to stay for a longish time, I am prepared to offer special prices, so please do email and ask.
• I never charge for cleaning (unless you specifically want me to, of course). I think this a little unfair and the place is always kept very very clean.
• You will have lots of privacy, I sleep in a separate area with a separate bathroom and entertainment area. You won't keep me awake, nor will you need to tip-toe around. You effectively have the privacy of a private apartment, but with a great guide to the city right there.
• I have recently made the loft available to more guests than the 2 we usually had staying in the Queen Bed in the main guest bedroom - previous guests have told me that they would love to bring friends or children with them and having stayed here, they said that the place is more than comfortable and spacious enough to do so.
I have therefore added the use of the Queen size sofa-bed, together with the use of one of our two (depending what size you want) top-notch Airbeds that we have used in the past (to popular acclaim), both of which I have been told are extremely comfortable, when they have been used. The sofa-bed etc will be screened off to make it as a separate bedroom and there is enough space in the loft so that you can decide where to put either of the airbeds. The site makes this clear with simple icons that show you options for use of beds, but if there are any questions please ask.
I have made the price for these extra beds (sofa and/or air) substantially lower than the bedroom and, if you do wish to use them, the pricing and reservation of them will be automatic (for example if you specify 3 or more people) unless NOTE: you are only 2 people who DO wish to have separate beds, in which case do let us know as we will have to adjust the price as we will need to use one of the other beds (sofa or air), as well as the one in the main guest room, effectively using two rooms. I am however always happy to discuss exactly what you need , via an email or two, to make it work.
I urge you to contact me before you book , if you are not clear about anything or there are any questions that you have that you do feel are not covered.
See you soon, I hope.
* Shoe-less in apartment
* NO drugs
* NO "entertaining guests"
* Smoking outside on private balcony with access from private bedroom
* Full use of kitchen, clean after use and put used crockery in dishwasher
* Washer avail. if here 3 days or more - use cold water - save the planet
* PLEASE turn off AC when you leave apt (the guide shows you how)
* PLEASE ensure windows are closed when you turn on AC
* $30.00 for loss of keys
* ONLY DO THINGS TO MAKE YOUR MOTHER PROUD
* ABSOLUTELY MUST ENJOY YOUR VISIT!!
* Leave a review at the end of your trip -- important to us hosts
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
I live in Manhattan. Love to walk, go to quaint restaurants, visit local bars, and drink wine. Love reading, going to small music venues, and stand up comedy.