About this listing
All the comforts, calm, and privacy of your own private cottage - which is a separate and detached house/cottage in the yard behind the property where we live. It is just blocks from a lively village and minutes from one of the most beautiful beaches of Miami Beach, North Beach. You will always remember the experience of your stay in our Florida Cottage.
Here you can enjoy and experience what it is like to live in Miami Beach ... in your own little house/cottage... surrounded by nature... under a gigantic Mango tree... waking up to the beautiful sound of birds... sleeping in perfect silence...step outside where you can sun bathe, have a picnic, spontaneously have a BBQ just outside in the patio... stay in and have a perfect TV night... get some work done inspired by the peace and quiet (and a very powerful internet connection)... go for an amazing bike or run along the beach or golf course (we offer two cruiser bikes - free of charge - for you to exercise, explore beaches, golf courses, and go as far as you wish). Relax, yet have all the options of fun things to do.
The cottage has 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom, a large living/dining/ TV area with two comfortable couches (and plenty of room for an inflatable mattress). It also boasts an open-air and covered Florida Room and a shaded patio area. In the bedroom has a supremely comfortable King-size bed (just read our reviews!).
Amenities include a full kitchen great for cooking, large flat-screen TV, free cable & internet, a private laundry room (washer/dryer), a great patio with BBQ, and everything you'll need (sheets, towels, cooking utensils, etc). Parking is totally free and right in front of house!
This cottage is located behind our home, just 3 blocks from restaurants, bars and shops and just 1 mile to the sandy beach. It is much calmer here than in South Beach, which can be loud, touristy and congested, North Beach also has it's own charm, appeal and attractions. It's a great opportunity to get the best of both worlds. See the Guidebook. Most people - especially the non-party type - love it here even more than South Beach.
All our facilities in the back yard such as bikes, laundry room, amazing BBQ, patio table, hammock. And the free parking in front of the house.
Interaction with guests
We are always around to help but always respect your privacy. The cottage is quite private and very safe - you come in and out as you please. We live in the house in front. We may actually see each other very little (if that is what you wish), we can give you a lot of recommendations and tips to make the most of your stay, and we can even end up becoming friends.
Other things to note
The cottage as a whole is very spacious with a great kitchen (this can save you money and help you really enjoy your stay) and large living/tv room and outdoor space.
- Please understand that the bathroom is inside the bedroom, so if someone sleeping on the sofabed in the living room would have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom.
- Enjoy yourself and everything around life here.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the cottage. But in the balcony and patio once step outside the cottage it is fine.
- No pets (cottage has always been pet free). We have one in our house but he will not bother you and if you like dogs I am sure you will love him.
- No parties in the cottage for example with many outside guests. You can surely have a few guests. (although there is lots of privacy and we can be lot's of fun too).
- We try to be flexible with your check-in and out. Beside this, very laissez-faire.
- If you borrow the bikes you'll be provided locks and you will probably have a great time without any issues. But if something were to happen to them, you will be charged from the security deposit up to $250 if lost/stolen or the cost of a repair.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 21 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Living a nice life in Miami Beach, with my lovely wife. It is all about balance, friends, fun, sun, love, work, play, great food, nice drink, plenty of exercise, and keeping an open mind towards new friendships and adventures.
We like to share our friendship and our enthusiasm for living in Miami and in our specific neighborhood of Miami Beach. If you are attracted to out Cottage, we look forward to your visit.