About this listing
We have two rooms listed on Airbnb. This is the "Large Bedroom" with a king. Our other listing is "A Private Room" which has a single bed. We welcome inquiries from travelers with complete profiles, verifications and nice reviews. If you like to avoid the touristy areas with the touristy prices and don't mind a short drive to the various attractions, our space offers an authentic, friendly, and authentic alternative.
EUREKA is an alternative-style guest house. We bring together the arts, nature, and off-the-beaten-path experiences. We have clean, comfortable guest rooms, a 1200 square foot dance studio, a kitchen, nature trails, and other amenities like an outdoor shower. The retreat is located in a peaceful, authentic rural Maine town a comfortable distance from the touristy areas. The retreat was created and is managed by world renown juggler and touring artist Michael Menes.
Guests have access to kitchen facilities, laundry, barbecue, outdoor shower, wifi, and our dance studio.
Interaction with guests
We try to create an environment in which our guests feel at ease. We are a respectful, friendly couple, enjoying the peaceful surroundings of our retreat. We understand when our guests prefer to be quiet or, at other times, to have polite conversation.
Other things to note
- We offer clean sheets and clean towels.
- It is very safe and secure where we are located so you shouldn’t have any problem getting locked in or locked out.
- We keep a good supply of fresh drinking water from a natural spring which pushes up from deep under a mountain just a few miles away. (Cooper Spring).
- Our guest bathroom is very new and very clean, however, in the summer we highly recommend taking a morning shower outside in our very private outdoor shower. Ask us to lend you a robe. It’s very spa-like. You won’t be sorry!
- Don't confuse BUCKFIELD with BUCKSPORT! BUCKSPORT is a town along the coast of Maine. We are located in Oxford County which is an hour inland.
- Our private home is not regulated by the State of Maine Department of Health and Human Services and the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
NO SMOKING. No smoking is allowed inside the building.
NO PETS. Professionally trained service animals are allowed.
FOOTWEAR. We prefer if guests take off their shoes and leave them in our entryway. Appropriate footwear should be worn in our dance studio or you may go bare foot or wear socks.
COMMON SENSE. No juggling of fire indoors, sharp objects, etc. Ask us to roll down a carpet if you are unsure.
HOURS. Try to be quiet after 10 PM.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a professional juggler, touring artist, writer and producer who loves to travel and escape into nature. I make my home in Maine where, early in my career, I studied mime, theater, and improvisation. I own and operate an arts retreat where I enjoy being an Airbnb host, welcoming guests from all around the world! When I travel, I prefer to stay away from the touristy places and hang out with the locals, discovering hidden places and having authentic experiences. My motto in life is, "If not now, when?!"