About this listing
Neat and well maintained 2 bedroom apartment in a quiet residential area at the heart of the city, and on the metro, that provides a great access point to exploring tourist attractions, neighborhoods, dinning, cultural life and night life.
Hello, I am Rossen. Check my AirBnB profile for a few words about myself. Here is a detailed description of my apartment that I rent on AirBnB (the best thing about my place is the location – check the location and neighborhood section below):
THE SPACE AND THE ARRANGEMENT
The two bedroom apartment that you are interested in is my home and the space I live in. Obviously when guests rent the apartment, I am not there but I do use it and maintain it as my home. For all my guests I provide clean sheets, towels, two metro Smart Trip cards (rechargeable chip-cards that also give you a slight discount on the metro fare), a visitors parking pass for free daily street parking in front of my building (in case you drive), two longboards to share if you are into that, and the possibility of bike rentals through a friend of mine (on a case by case basis – ask me if you are interested). I have a few simple house rules to be observed (please check those separately) and in return, I am very easy-going and flexible. Also to clarify, guests are sometimes confused by the name “AirBnB” and ask me if I provide breakfast, rides to/from the airport, and sightseeing tours around the city. AirBnB is al bed and breakfast only in name and only virtually. I am only able to provide friendly hosting, a nice place, a low price, all the coffee and tea in the house, and a lot of good suggestions to make your experience in Washington DC count. The rest is up to you and I could only help with ideas.
My place to share is a modern two bedroom apartment on the second floor in a small 4 unit building. I have a queen size bed with a tempurpedic mattress in the master bedroom and a comfortable queen size futon in the guest bedroom. If need be, I also have a roll out bed and the couch in the living room can sleep one person. However, the apartment only has one bathroom which can make it tight for groups bigger than 4 people. The kitchen is modern and fully equipped and there is also a large wooden deck with patio furniture and a propane grill. The apartment is clean, tidy, well-maintained, and non-smoking home. A couple of other features include:
- Wireless Internet
- TV and cable
- PS3 with a Netflix account and a DVD/Blu-Ray player (and FIFA 2014 if you care hahaha)
- A laptop-to-TV video and sound connectors
- A stereo with 2 ceiling and 2 stand-alone speakers
- Washer and dryer in unit
- Central air
- Jet tub
- A decent size fenced in grassy yard on the side of the building (bike can be locked on the iron fence)
- A guest street parking pass and plenty of street parking available, including two unzoned streets a block away.
To all my reservations, I will email specific suggestions on DC gems and must-go places for live music, shows, night life, dining, crafty pizza, coffee, beer, wine, spirits etc. that go beyond the neighborhood and explore the best of the city.
The entire apartment
Clean sheets and towels
Kitchen, fridge, and everything for cooking
Living room, TV, stereo and entertainment
Washing machine and drier in the apartment
2 metro passes
A big deck
Interaction with guests
I like to meet and greet at check in usually, and then I will be out of your way (unless you need me) until check out.
I will greatly appreciate if you observe the simple house rules that I consider just common sense:
• Please use the clean linen (sheets and bedding) that I have provided, don’t sleep on bare beds.
• Keep the thermostat (AC/heat) always on “Auto” – that means that it cycles on and off ti maintain the desire temperature, as opposed to overloading by being constantly blowing.
• Be considerate with the hot water (if you take 1h shower or a hot tub, there won’t be hot water for the next person).
• Keep clean (dishes, bathroom, shoes off in the house, etc.)
• Don’t keep food and eat in your room – the kitchen and living room are yours to store and prepare food, and also to eat it there. This is the rule that most of my guests violate, so please be considerate.
• Don’t be too loud and be respectful to neighbors (music, slamming doors, high heels etc.).
• If we are sharing the house, also be considerate of loud noise late at night and early morning. I do my best to not wake you up, please try to do the same until everybody is up.
• Please don’t sneak unannounced guests on me, I could be flexible but everything needs to be communicated in advance.
• If you run into any kind of issue, please contact me right away.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 395 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello, I am Rossen.
Originally from Europe, Washington DC has been my home town for quite some time now. I work in research and like to make room for the things I enjoy the most in life - music, snow/skate/kiteboarding, friends, dogs, classic SAAB 900s, and the English Premier League. I also very much enjoy a meaningful and interesting conversation with other humans.
AirBnB has become a cause and a lifestyle for me both as a host and as a traveler. I am a big supporter of the people-powered sharing economy and I believe in folks networking to enjoy new experiences and new places while at the same feeling part of a community and avoiding generic and overpriced hotels. For me, hosting is traveling and making friends around the world without leaving my home, while also making my guests feel at home when they are away from home. I enjoy sharing and helping you have a comfortable stay and experience as many of the thrills my city has to offers as you can take : )
I know Washington DC well and depending on what you like and have time for, I would help you explore the different faces of the city: its history, museums, monuments, and politics; its vibrant neighborhoods with a thriving restaurant scene, farmers markets, and a good number of eclectic places that offer creative selections of crafty coffee, microbrews and spirits; its cultural life and international and ethnic aspects; its nightlife and live music scene.
I have a few simple house rules to be observed and in return, I am very flexible with the arrangements and accommodation.