About this listing
Our cozy cottage located in our backyard garden is your own private oasis. Queen bed, hardwood floors, walk-in shower, high-speed internet, and a 1/2 acre lot right outside your door--complete with chickens and the cutest pot-belly pig in Austin.
This fantastic backyard garden oasis has been completely remodeled and is available for rent by the night. Hardwood floors, AC unit, heater, queen-size bed with a fluffy duvet. Fully equipped bathroom with walk-in shower, large closet and a an aquarium for you to enjoy. Small refrigerator and microwave for your convenience. Coffee pot and toaster. Free Wi-Fi!
Enjoy a private entrance onto our beautiful 1/2 acre lot. Take in the fresh air while sitting in the Adirondack Chairs right outside your door or spend the day reveling in all that Austin has to offer. We are 2 1/2 miles from downtown Austin and the U.T. campus. There is a bus stop just a short walk up the street or rent one of our bikes while you are here. Check-out time is 11:00 am (noon) and check-in time is after 2:00 pm.
No minimum stay. Rates START at $75 per night or $500 per week. Also available for rent by the month. Please look at calendar carefully as rates are subject to increase during festivals and other high traffic times (SXSW, ACL, F1, etc.) Price increases are reflected on the calendar!
Guests are welcome to enjoy everything our backyard has to offer. Play with the cats, give treats to the pig, throw the ball to the dogs, sing to the chickens, lounge in the hammock or adirondack chairs.
Interaction with guests
We LOVE to chat with our guests, but also understand when people are looking for a private retreat. We live in the main house and spend a lot of time on our back porch and in the yard. Come talk to us and visit whenever you want. Or ask our girls to sing for you, do a gymnastics routine, or put on a theatrical play. They love the attention!
What do we love most about our neighborhood? The fact that we have a HUGE lot so close to downtown. It's like having a little bit of the country in the city.
We live a couple blocks away from bus line #20, which goes directly into downtown. It's about a 10 minute ride to the UT campus. 15 minutes to the heart of downtown. Our buses are equipped with bicycle racks too!
We have plenty of parking available if you have your own car, which I highly recommend to guests who want to see all that Austin has to offer.
• Check-in time is 2PM.
• Check-in time is 2PM.
1. We LOVE pets, but please leave yours at home.
2. Speaking of pets, please enjoy ours while you are here.
3. Smoking (cigarettes, folks; not the special stuff) is okay as long as it happens outside and not in the trailer.
4. Although we want you, the guests, to enjoy the trailer and our yard as much as you can, please ask us before inviting others to join you.
5. Stay up as late as you want, but please keep it quiet after 10 pm. We want our neighbors to continue liking us. :)
Hi! My name is Marcella. Here's a little about me:
1) I have an amazing partner, Meredith, and an ever fluctuating number of kids living with us.
2) The reason why the number of kids changes is because we are foster parents.
3) Being a foster mom is the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done.
4) I began hosting on airbnb as a way to supplement our income and allow me to stay home with our kiddos.
5) I'm so glad I did, because I LOVE being an airbnb host!
6) When I have some free time, I love to garden or putter around outside doing projects.
7) I love animals but never expected to have quite so many.
8) I also never expected to be washing so much laundry as an adult. :)
9) I make really good English Toffee.
10) I always share some of my toffee with guests. :)