About this listing
Only 10 minutes walk to Surfers Paradise and 4 minutes to the nearest bus stop. Your space includes a bedroom with a queen bed, a built in wardrobe and a balcony. There's an adjacent lounge room for relaxing and watching TV. The lounge can be converted to a sofa bed upon request at time of booking (use of the sofa bed incurs an additional charge). The modern, private bathroom is all yours!
- 5 year old, 3 level town house
- Two rooms (1 bedroom + 1 lounge room)
- Sleeps up to 3 guests (Ideal for families) - our lounge converts into a double bed (you will need to book for 3 people to use the lounge as a bedroom)
- Modern private bathroom (not shared with anyone else)
- Private balcony
- Quiet street
- On street parking available (parking permit included)
- 10 minutes walk to Surfers Paradise
- Supermarket, shops, cafes and pub 3 minutes walk
- close to public transport (bus stop 3 minutes walk, tram stop 10 minutes walk)
- Free WiFi
- A/C (in bedroom)
- Ceiling Fans
- Large living area and kitchen
- Outdoor areas with BBQ
- Crimsafe security screens on all doors and windows
- Sorry no smoking anywhere on the property
- NOTE THAT WE HAVE TWO (2) SIAMESE CATS!!!
- The bedroom has a Queen size bed, built-in robe with hangers provided
- The lounge room is for your private use and has a flat screen TV with a selection of DVDs
- The Lounge converts into a double bed - PLEASE NOTE - use of the lounge as a bedroom attracts a fee (as per the rate for 3 guests)
- In the bathroom we provide towels, hairdryer and organic shower soap, shampoo and conditioner
- beach towels are provided
- Laundry facilities free of charge (upon request)
- The kitchen is shared with the hosts - we provide space for your food in the fridge and pantry - Please note that we do not supply food and we do not have a microwave
- we provide a selection of teas and coffee, as well as milk (for tea and coffee only)
Interaction with guests
Our bedroom is on level 3 of our house so there is plenty of privacy for everyone.
Matthias works during the week, and is a Scuba Diving Instructor on weekends. He would love to take you on an introductory dive or a fun dive in case you already have your ticket (provided he is not too busy at work). Amanda is a full time student so is usually at home studying or at university.
We can assist you with booking tours around the Gold Coast (including theme parks) and we have various discount vouchers available. We are an easy going couple and are looking for guests that appreciate a clean, comfortable and peaceful place.
Our cats sometimes like to interact with our guests too :) They are very friendly and they like to play with socks, rolled up paper, and hair ties. The cats can be a bit noisy when chasing each other at full speed, but we always aim to ensure that they are not too disruptive.
Our neighbourhood is safe, leafy and breezy, with lots of beautiful Australian birds.
The light rail/tram station 'Cavill Avenue' is in Surfers Paradise, which is only a 10 minute walk. There is a bus stop around the corner (3 minutes walk) and the main bus stops for all routes are also in Surfers Paradise, connecting you to all parts of the Gold Coast including the airport and the heavy rail station to get to Brisbane.
Other things to note
Please write a message to introduce yourself at the time of booking. Please let us know that you have read and understood our house rules. We are not a hotel. We like to know something about the people who will be staying in our house. That's why we don't do instant check in.
Resident Parking Permit available for 1 vehicle. Otherwise the area is 2P Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
We use non-toxic cleaning products throughout our home to ensure a safe and clean environment for ourselves and our guests.
Ask us for advice regarding tours and activities. We can send you links to booking websites.
We ask that you respect our home and apply common courtesy – For further clarification please see the notes below:
No drunkenness - if you intend to stagger home in the early morning and sleep all day then please book a hotel instead!
No illegal items are permitted on our property such as drugs or weapons
No loud music or musical instruments
No smoking anywhere on the property including balconies
No guests other than those checked in
No noise past 9pm during week days and past 10pm on weekends
Kitchen use is on a clean up after yourself basis
Lights and air conditioning are to be turned off when leaving the house
No shoes inside - there is a rack inside the door for shoes to be stored
No pets since we have 2 Siamese cats
Please do not feed our cats or close them in your room
DO NOT LET OUR CATS ESCAPE through any doors or windows – they can be quick!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I am a Construction Project Manager and a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. When I am not too busy managing infrastructure projects then I teach people how to scuba dive. I am also a husband and proud dad of two Siamese cats. I migrated from Germany to Australia in 2008 and enjoy any activity that involves our beautiful ocean. My wife Amanda is Australian and is currently studying Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) and Building Biology. She loves to walk and ride along the beach front every day.
We love hosting guests who appreciate the beautiful climate and lifestyle at the Gold Coast, Queensland. We love meeting people from all over the world. We are happy to help you with your travel plans/transport/local food places. We hope to meet you soon!