What we liked:
+ everything was exactly as described, the pictures you see 100% reflect what you get
+ modernized apartment in ways of wall painting, flooring, new bathroom, kitchen I´d accept beein modern as well, 100% functional
+ except one sleeping room the rooms are all spacy, huge living/dining room area with a great sea view
+ very central area in the middle of the beach´s pedestrian area
What we did not like:
- getting to the last meters was a mess as we could not park right next top the apartment, new renters: make yourself familiar with the parking area and dont forget to buy a EUR 2 parking ticket. I was in stress mode, forgot that, after returning to the car (just 10 minutes away) I already got fined with EUR 25. Not a warm welcome, De Panne!
- clean: the apartment was not clean by our standards (bathroom and toilet OK, but we fund it dusty and in the kithchen we had to clean the oven and the fridge.) Also, the material to clean the apartment was in a bad conditon (used, dusty brush, vac cleaner bag full)
- we cld not use the the 3rd, smallest bedroom (the children one). Sure, everything was there and working but it was sticky there. There was a window but that lead to a tiny inner quad that smelled of waste. We could not let our kids sleep there. This 3rd bedroom was mainly used as a place to store our luggage. Kids slept in out bedrooms instead.
- one bedroom really gave us a hard time sleeping there because of a very old rust (I think the matrace was OK)
- living room: the rocking chair was broken, the sofa was "OK" but not really "clean"
We knew in advance that there was no washing machine, no parking and no Wi-Fi. I organized a closed and safe parking privately for roughly EUR 130 for 2weeks (via agance Mulier) not far away. There is also a couple of public washing saloons not far away.