About this listing
A house where hostel meets motel meets home meets something unlike any of those things. Expand and experience the wonderful people, creatures, and healing of the peaceful, yet playful "Circus".
This listing will put you in R1: the Coral Room!
The Room: "The Coral Room" located upstairs to the left. It includes a full sized bed, desk, chair, comfy chair, night stand, and closet. Shared bath.
The room is located within a five bedroom, two bathroom house in Historic Hyde Park in the heart of thrilling! Kansas City, Missouri.
This house is called 'The Circus' because it's always been famous all the coming and going that happens around here. It's active, but also peaceful.
The home has also been called a sanctuary for those seeking a pace that differs from the 'outside' world. Guests have access to all of the comfort and luxuries of a modern American home, such as a kitchen, porch swing, garden, trampoline, and a real life fireplace.
The location is within five to twelve minutes driving of Westport, KC Convention Center, the Plaza, downtown, Brookside, 39th street, and many more! About 25 minutes from the airport! Super Shuttle your bum here for $22 bucks. Uber is also available. An easy Bus access, reference intersection 39th and Troost.
Living Room, Sitting Room, Kitchen, Front Porch, Back Porch, Yard, Sunroom, Meditation Studio (if available), basement/laundry, house pets!
Interaction with guests
You become one with the house when staying here. I'll often be around the house, cleaning, gardening, living. If timing works out, I'd love to connect with you. Sometimes I'll be feeling less talkative, it's nothing personal. The experience here can be very social or very quiet-- it'll likely be just right for what you need.
Other things to note
Who to expect at residence:
Hailey (host): clown/healer (if I'm not traveling, I'll be there).
NutMeginz (her pup): little wire hair dachshund puppy. "Lil Nut"
Zac (R5): chiropractor and holistic explorer.
Lucy (house cat): loves to eat and go indoors/outdoors.
Other airbnb guests and animals: of all shapes and sizes!
Let's Go Cubs!
Incense and sage are common smells about the house!
- READ HOST DIRECTIONS, RULES, AND ITINERARY BEFORE ARRIVAL!
- Be mindful of others & respectful to the space. Honor the all creatures!
- Lock the front/back door when you come & go.
- Smoking can happen outside, but never inside.
- Pre-approve strangers. Please don’t invite others over without asking.
- Directly communicate questions/complications/concerns/compliments!
- Quiet hours between 10:00pm - 10:00am (ish)…
- Clean up after yourself in communal/common areas.
Includes kitchen, bath, living rooms, porch, yard, basement, etc.
- Recycle and Compost. See instructions on fridge!
- Save Energy! When not in use— turn off lights, fans, etc.
- Be eco-conscious! No paper towels, use reusable bags, & natural cleaners.
- Burn incense or tea lights often, if you like… It helps clear the environment
- Communal Living Food Rule: NO NAME, FAIR GAME
- It is preferred that you don’t keep food in your room.
- NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING! It is against the fiber contract.
- Feel free to be playful &/ peaceful— and just enjoy BEING!
- All are encouraged to leave encouraging notes or surprises for others!
- If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. :0)
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 439 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello. Hi. Namaste. Nice to meet you. I'm glad you're here!
It is my mission to provide the comfort of a home (and an affordable lodging option) for travelers. It is also my mission to find places like such for myself on the road.
I intend bring laughter and (physical) storytelling whenever I go, as they are after all the universal languages. :0)
Everywhere I go I work at as clown, teacher, actor, creator, healer. I also have a strong meditation practice, that often involves intuitive healing (working with energy, holistic medicine, spirit communication, deep listening, etc.).
I have a deep love for united community (people taking care of people)
And places/homes that smell of incense.
'The Circus' is my home, the one which you might stay. :0)
I travel frequently (so you might not meet me directly, at least at the home anyway-- but it's likely you'll feel like you have).
I have a wonderful friends, who help care for the house when I'm away-- you're likely to be interacting with us both throughout the check-in/out process.
There are also a couple of awesome long term guests there.
The house and the people in it are all dear to me.
So it is my hope that you'll find family/friendship in the house as I have over the years!
I look forward to when our paths cross!
(If you're still curious: You can look up thehaileyjones on word press for my blog. Or my comedy on you tube 'Safety Sue's International Adventure'.)